Mino – The UC Guy

Microsoft Unified Communications Blog

A SIP request made by Communicator failed in an unexpected manner (status code 80ef01f4)

Posted by Mino on March 23, 2009

Rami Calache, One of my very good team members faced this problem and I thought to share it with you

After installing Office Communications Server 2007 R2, one user using Office Communicator R2 was unable to receive IM messages or communicator calls although he was logged in successfully,

However If he initiates an IM conversation then he can receive IM’s through the same session with no problem, he can also call anyone successfully in the list but no one can call him .

When turning on logging on any other client trying to call him the following warning is logged in the event viewer.

 

Communicator ID 11

A SIP request made by Communicator failed in an unexpected manner (status code 80ef01f4). More information is contained in the following technical data:

RequestUri: _sip:imohamed@mydomain.com

From: _sip:hamdim@mydomain.com;tag=4fec8f509b

To: _sip:imohamed@mydomain.com;tag=808EDC4E808A77850A6B03B82AC60800

Call-ID: 70a7871eed87478f8b2e3fbb770d3dc5

Content-type: application/sdp;call-type=im

v=0

o=- 0 0 IN IP4 172.20.31.3

s=session

c=IN IP4 172.20.31.3

t=0 0

m=message 5060 sip null

a=accept-types:text/plain multipart/alternative image/gif text/rtf text/html application/x-ms-ink application/ms-imdn+xml text/x-msmsgsinvite

Response Data:

500 The server encountered an unexpected internal error

ms-diagnostics: 1;reason=”Service Unavailable”;source=”HO-OCS-FE.mydomain.com”;AppUri=”_http://www.microsoft.com/LCS/ApiModule”;reason=”The application specified an invalid static forwarding url”

Resolution:

If this error continues to occur, please contact your network administrator. The network administrator can use a tool like winerror.exe from the Windows Resource Kit or lcserror.exe from the Office Communications Server Resource Kit in order to interpret any error codes listed above.

Resolution:

This is a strange error only with R2 communicator and the reason was because that this user had a record inside the active directory under the below:

 AD user……Telephones tab…….IP Phone……..Other—–> an additional entry was added.

Once this entry inside others was removed, the client worked fine.

 

error

Advertisements

16 Responses to “A SIP request made by Communicator failed in an unexpected manner (status code 80ef01f4)”

  1. Rami Calache said

    Ya basha ketir 3alena el kalam el 7elw dah!

  2. richard said

    How the heck were you able to point on that attribute saying that it is causing the problem? I personally know, that misterious OCS issues can only be solved if you have a 6th (or even a 7th) sense, but I am impressed about that particular case 🙂

  3. Ben said

    This is probably because the user is UC enabled (msRTCSIP-OptionFlag has bit #10 set to 1 (1024)) and OCS tries to interpret the ipPhone attribute as an application GRUU.

  4. luckyme2 said

    Had the same problem and this solution really solved it !!!!
    I didn’t believe at first but yes it did solve the prob.

    Many Thanks Mino !!

  5. Eric said

    Thanks for the posting. Solved my issue as well. Thanks for sharing.

  6. shahan said

    It realy worked, save lot of time..! thanks a lot,

  7. lws said

    We’re having the exact same problem, but we can’t remove the value as it is required in some way for one of our offices current phone systems.

    Is there a way to keep this value, without breaking OCS?

  8. Mino said

    as far as i have tested i didnt find any other option

  9. lws said

    It looks like this attribute has to either be set as null or contain a valid SIP forwarding URL. It is reserved for EXUM or SIP Contact objects. If you specify an invalid value/URL, it gets replicated as a forwarding URL to the database and fails at routing time.

  10. Vincent said

    I am having the same issue, but the field must be populated for another application. I need to figure out a work around for OCS to use. Any ideas?

  11. Shashank Shukla said

    i am facing the same issue but, this solution is not working for me. can u suggest any other solution….

  12. Geoff said

    This did the trick for me…thanks

  13. Amr Mekawy said

    Thank you so much, you saved my day !

  14. Rebootnz said

    Well This fixed my issue. You are a GOD…

  15. […] https://theucguy.wordpress.com/2009/03/23/a-sip-request-made-by-communicator-failed-in-an-unexpected-… […]

  16. Soder said

    I wonder, why there is nothing visible in the otherIPphone input field, but I have to explicitely click on the button named “Other”, and it opens a new window, where I can see that there is already something in this attribute. Annoying, and leads to all kind of false-assumptions based on the mising entries.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: