Communcator Web Access R2 (error 0-1-492)
Posted by Mino on March 27, 2009
Apparently there is a bug with CWA and Windows 2008 where the Service Principal Name (SPN) isn’t created for the FQDN of your CWA site. The result is the following error when you attempt to sign in with integrated Windows authentication
Cannot sign in because your computer clock is not set correctly or your
account is invalid (error code: 0-1-492)
The Windows authentication site will fail with the error if your site is running on Windows 2008 Server
HOW TO FIX IT:
· You need to add an SPN matching the FQDN of your internal site (cwa.contoso.com) to the user account you assigned in AD for CWA.
· Open ADSIEDIT and navigate to the OU where your CWA service account is stored.
· Locate the CWA service account (mine is called ‘CWAService’) and right-click then choose Properties.
· Turn on the checkbox to ‘Show only attributes that have values’ and scroll down to an entry called ‘servicePrincipalName’.
· Click the Edit button.
· Type in the SPN using the following format (http/). For example, if your site is called “cwa.contoso.com” then type in “http/cwa.contoso.com”.
NOTE: Do NOT type http://.
· Click OK and you’re done!
Thanks to the following blogs :